Acknowledgment of Country
McCabe Curwood acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of land on which our offices are located. We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community and pay our respects to their cultures and Elders, past, present and emerging.
Pro Bono and Corporate Social Responsibility
Our formal pro bono and corporate social responsibility (CSR) program is an opportunity for us to genuinely give back to our local and global community in the best way we can; providing legal support to enable a voice.
Many of the organisations we support to provide services to marginalised, disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
Through our pro bono program, we take a flexible and responsive approach that includes:
- volunteering at law centres in our catchment areas, accepting a referral from those centres concerning a broad range of legal matters;
- providing pro bono legal services to our partner organisations as and when required;
- participating in the fundraising efforts of our partner organisations;
- providing pro bono legal assistance to the disadvantaged and vulnerable people in our communities directly; and
- employees serving as board members of charitable and community organisations.
Our staff value the opportunity to be involved with pro bono initiatives that make a difference, which is why we are proudly involved with the following organisations: